Skip to main content

Life Through the Spirit


This past Wednesday, we studied the first few chapters of Romans 8 at Church. I was both blessed and convicted. I desire to walk in the Spirit daily. Is it easy at times? No. Is it impossible? No. Because we have the power of the Holy Spirit in us. 

God reminds us in this chapter that there is no condemnation to those who are walking in the Spirit. He sent His Son, Jesus so that we would be free from the law of sin and death. 

The fruits of the Spirit are: 
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control. 

I wish I could tell you that I never struggle with any of the fruits, but I do. God is working in me daily. Our Pastor Zamora asked if there was anyone in the body who needed a refreshment of the Holy Spirit, to rise to their feet for prayer, and I did. The Spirit within him, lead us in a very whole hearted prayer, that moved many of us. The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak and that's why I need the power of my helper daily. I fall short and thats why I know that I cannot do it alone.

Love, is the first fruit. If we're walking in love, all the other fruits will flow. God desires for us to love one another and carry each others burdens. Love heals, comforts, affirms, strengthens, unites, and fills the hearts of others. "Love" truly does cover a multitude of sins. We're to "Love God" with all our heart, soul, strength and mind. We are also to love our neighbor as ourself. Who is our neighbor? Your spouse, children, family, your neighbors, co-workers, teachers, classmates, ministry, pretty much everyone else.

The struggles are real, they will come. But the good news is we don't have to face them alone, the Spirit is our helper. I also encourage you to pray for the Lord to show you someone you can stay accountable to with your actions. So what about those times when it's hard to love Liz? In those times, let's be reminded of His promise in Zechariah 4:6. I'm holding this promise close to my heart, because "It's not by might, nor by power, "Liz" (insert your own name here), but by My Spirit, says the Lord of Hosts. 

What fruit of the Spirit have you been struggling with lately? In what area of your life do you desire to be more fruitful in? Ask God to help you. He will. He loves us. He wants to help us and we need His power daily in order to live a fruitful life. 

Lord, let Love, abound in us all. As the fruit of Love, grows the others will follow. Holy Spirit thank You for being our willing strength in our weakness. Remove everything that is not of You within our hearts. Help us to continue to grow and live a life of good fruit. Thank You Jesus, that sin has no dominion over us. Holy Spirit, I pray You move deep within our hearts and have dominion over our lives. In Jesus name, Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Years Blessed

Today, I get to celebrate 50 years of life! Praise God!  I made it into the 50 club!  We’ve all had days (and maybe even years) when life just doesn’t seem to be going our way! I’ve had long seasons of life where I felt like nothing was working and everything was out of whack, and I’ve had frustrating days where I just can’t seem to get anything accomplished. But... This morning I rejoiced in the company of my loving family. They knew my heart was especially tender this birthday because it is a milestone and I am missing my Dad. I would love to receive his call and hear his raspy voice sing into my heart, to have him hug me tight, and to read one of his loving and heartfelt bday cards one more time, but the reality is that I am not going to. But I Praise God that I have the hope of heaven. And as my beautiful family woke me up with balloons, birthday cards, hugs and kisses, and prayed over me, I was quickly reminded that no matter what our circumstances are -- I get to l

My Trip to Wal-Mart Turns Into A Personal Touch From Jesus

I wanted to share an experience I had today as an encouragement to you, that God is always listening to our heart and speaks to us in many different ways. Today, as I'm walking and praying, headed towards my van at Wal-Marts parking lot, this beautiful, joyful looking, yellow butterfly begins flying around me a few times. Shortly thereafter, I begin to specifically pray for the Holy Spirit to confirm certain heart concerned prayers I've been praying over; to include His infinite wisdom, direction and strength upon me.  I prayed, Lord, would You kindly have this beautiful yellow, joyful, looking butterfly fly its way back towards me again. Thank You Abba. Amen. It's like I needed a sign. You know what I mean? Ever been there? Sometimes you just need a double dosage of the Holy Spirit. So anyway, I drive off, still praying and as I come to the red stop light, guess who flies right in front of my windshield? I mean literally in front of me, circling around with it

Unbroken

Today, I finally got to see the movie, "Unbroken" with my friend, Jo Ann. This movie, touched my heart in a special and profound way. I left the theater wanting to lift up a block of wood, put it over my head and scream from the bottom of my lungs! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Here's the thing, we will always face trials, it's part of growing in our faith. And there may be times, you wonder how much longer Lord? But try to find the joy in your trials, because God is in control. I love true story films, especially faith based ones. Such a refreshment to my spirit of who God is. He is, a loving God who forgives, saves, heals, comforts, provides, equips and so many other things. When you may feel like He's not working in your situation, He really is, because He's faithful. I enjoy to see the end of the movies, where they show the true identities of the persons the film was created from. Mr. Louie Zamperini, was a great example of not giving up. I'm pe