Skip to main content






Today was a day filled with many sweet nuggets on "Growth" 2 Peter 3:18 reminds us: "Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen"

Raise your hand if you want to grow in the knowledge of the Lord! I know I do! If we're not careful, we can get complacent and remain seated on the "comfort zone" couch. 

Gods Word is essential in our lives, and it is how we grow. Jesus loves us and we can grow in His knowledge by diligently committing ourselves to having quiet time with Him, daily. We are His lilies among the thorns of life and He wants to equip us for every trial, challenge and struggle. All our answers are in the Bible, it is our manual to walking hand in hand with Jesus. 

Do you know what else is essential in our Christian walks? Sharing His love. When was the last time you told a perfect stranger..."Jesus loves you"? Because if you did, chances are it might start a sweet dialogue. Labor in the Lord is never done in vain. Seeds are planted when we share His love with others and we'll have the Holy Spirit to guide us. He is our private tutor. All He wants is a willing, flexible and obedient heart. We should never be satisfied where we are in our walks with God. We should desire to strive in knowing Him more and more and more. At the end, it's all about choice. We either choose to grow closer to Jesus, or we don't.   

"Grace" was another great topic we touched on. How many of us are graceful? I'm talking about graceful in every situation? Even when someone has hurt you? Romans 5:20 reminds us that "Where sin abounds, grace abounds much more" Grace should be obvious in our life and not prejudice. We can't pick and choose who we want to extend grace to. Can you imagine if God was like that with us? Sister Linda, encouraged us to pump up our "Grace Muscles" and exercise grace daily. I confess, recently I haven't been very graceful, but God in His love reminded me today... Liz, you need to extend more grace. It's not about you. It's about Me. Yes, I know people have hurt you, but Liz, I have a plan and a purpose for you, Trust Me! Keep your eyes on Me!!

I was blessed by today's nuggets, but here is one of my favorites! "God has a 100% track record in keeping His promises" This is me sometimes: "But Lord, how is this going to work out? I just don't understand it." To which I hear His voice reminding me... Liz, didn't I promise you that "I will never leave nor forsake you?" "But Lord, we don't have the money, what's going to happen?" "Liz, I am Jehovah Jireh, I shall supply all your needs". But Lord, But Lord, I'm like Ahhh Liz! Just Hush It! Sit, Be still, Pray... Pray a lot and watch His hand move as you obey His commands. Today, I walked out knowing that "we can stop growing, when we stop believing!"

2015 is the year the Lord will restore what the locust has eaten! How that's going to look? Only He knows. It's the year where He will crown it with bountiful harvest for His glory! (Psalm 65:11) And today's personal scripture is in Psalm 37:5  Entrust your ways to the LordTrust him. He will act on your behalf.




*Tonight's blog, was inspired by the notes I took from our study, spoken by our Sister in Christ, Linda. *




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Years Blessed

Today, I get to celebrate 50 years of life! Praise God!  I made it into the 50 club!  We’ve all had days (and maybe even years) when life just doesn’t seem to be going our way! I’ve had long seasons of life where I felt like nothing was working and everything was out of whack, and I’ve had frustrating days where I just can’t seem to get anything accomplished. But... This morning I rejoiced in the company of my loving family. They knew my heart was especially tender this birthday because it is a milestone and I am missing my Dad. I would love to receive his call and hear his raspy voice sing into my heart, to have him hug me tight, and to read one of his loving and heartfelt bday cards one more time, but the reality is that I am not going to. But I Praise God that I have the hope of heaven. And as my beautiful family woke me up with balloons, birthday cards, hugs and kisses, and prayed over me, I was quickly reminded that no matter what our circumstances are -- I get to l

My Trip to Wal-Mart Turns Into A Personal Touch From Jesus

I wanted to share an experience I had today as an encouragement to you, that God is always listening to our heart and speaks to us in many different ways. Today, as I'm walking and praying, headed towards my van at Wal-Marts parking lot, this beautiful, joyful looking, yellow butterfly begins flying around me a few times. Shortly thereafter, I begin to specifically pray for the Holy Spirit to confirm certain heart concerned prayers I've been praying over; to include His infinite wisdom, direction and strength upon me.  I prayed, Lord, would You kindly have this beautiful yellow, joyful, looking butterfly fly its way back towards me again. Thank You Abba. Amen. It's like I needed a sign. You know what I mean? Ever been there? Sometimes you just need a double dosage of the Holy Spirit. So anyway, I drive off, still praying and as I come to the red stop light, guess who flies right in front of my windshield? I mean literally in front of me, circling around with it

Unbroken

Today, I finally got to see the movie, "Unbroken" with my friend, Jo Ann. This movie, touched my heart in a special and profound way. I left the theater wanting to lift up a block of wood, put it over my head and scream from the bottom of my lungs! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Here's the thing, we will always face trials, it's part of growing in our faith. And there may be times, you wonder how much longer Lord? But try to find the joy in your trials, because God is in control. I love true story films, especially faith based ones. Such a refreshment to my spirit of who God is. He is, a loving God who forgives, saves, heals, comforts, provides, equips and so many other things. When you may feel like He's not working in your situation, He really is, because He's faithful. I enjoy to see the end of the movies, where they show the true identities of the persons the film was created from. Mr. Louie Zamperini, was a great example of not giving up. I'm pe