Skip to main content

50 Years Blessed



Today, I get to celebrate 50 years of life! Praise God! 
I made it into the 50 club! 


We’ve all had days (and maybe even years) when life just doesn’t seem to be going our way!
I’ve had long seasons of life where I felt like nothing was working and everything was out of whack, and I’ve had frustrating days where I just can’t seem to get anything accomplished. But... This morning I rejoiced in the company of my loving family. They knew my heart was especially tender this birthday because it is a milestone and I am missing my Dad. I would love to receive his call and hear his raspy voice sing into my heart, to have him hug me tight, and to read one of his loving and heartfelt bday cards one more time, but the reality is that I am not going to. But I Praise God that I have the hope of heaven. And as my beautiful family woke me up with balloons, birthday cards, hugs and kisses, and prayed over me, I was quickly reminded that no matter what our circumstances are -- I get to live life with them! I get to serve them! I get to rejoice one more year of life! And that my friends is something to feel blessed over! 

I want to share some insight the Lord has given to me. I hope that no matter your current circumstance today, or tomorrow that you "Remember" you... are not alone. God is not done with you, or anyone you love in your life yet. Never stop praying. Don't lose the living hope of Jesus. 

1. Remember that your Character should always be stronger than your Circumstances.

We can’t always control what happens to us, but we can always control how we choose to respond. In those moments when I choose to stop complaining and instead give thanks to God for the good in my life, the parts that seem bad start to seem much less significant. Choose to keep a attitude of gratitude and a thankful heart regardless of what you’re going through.

“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


2. Remember that your Struggles always lead to Strength.


Every difficulty in your life, whether big or small, is something God will use to produce more strength, faith and perseverance in you if you let Him! All your pain has a purpose.

Don’t be afraid. I saved you. I named you. You are mine.  When you have troubles, I am with you. When you cross rivers, you will not be hurt. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not hurt you.- Isaiah 43:1-2


3. Remember that God’s timing is always perfect.


God’s plans for us can be different from our plans, but His plans are always perfect! Have the patience to wait on His timing instead of forcing your own.

“For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11



4. Remember that God will never leave your side.


You may feel like you’re going through this struggle all alone, but from the moment you ask Jesus to bring you into God’s family, He will be by your side to the end so never lose hope!

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6




50 Years Blessed   is what I think of when I think about all that I have lived, gone through and overcame by the amazing grace of my Abba Daddy. Blessings are truly in the eyes of the beholder. I pray you feel blessed today, where you are. Listen, I know some trials are way harder than others... But because God is in control; You are in good hands! May the Spirit of the Living God fall afresh upon you daily and give you the strength, courage and perseverance to receive every blessing as a gift; even when it seems like a test. Here's to another year of God's perfect will!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Trip to Wal-Mart Turns Into A Personal Touch From Jesus

I wanted to share an experience I had today as an encouragement to you, that God is always listening to our heart and speaks to us in many different ways. Today, as I'm walking and praying, headed towards my van at Wal-Marts parking lot, this beautiful, joyful looking, yellow butterfly begins flying around me a few times. Shortly thereafter, I begin to specifically pray for the Holy Spirit to confirm certain heart concerned prayers I've been praying over; to include His infinite wisdom, direction and strength upon me.  I prayed, Lord, would You kindly have this beautiful yellow, joyful, looking butterfly fly its way back towards me again. Thank You Abba. Amen. It's like I needed a sign. You know what I mean? Ever been there? Sometimes you just need a double dosage of the Holy Spirit. So anyway, I drive off, still praying and as I come to the red stop light, guess who flies right in front of my windshield? I mean literally in front of me, circling around with it

Unbroken

Today, I finally got to see the movie, "Unbroken" with my friend, Jo Ann. This movie, touched my heart in a special and profound way. I left the theater wanting to lift up a block of wood, put it over my head and scream from the bottom of my lungs! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Here's the thing, we will always face trials, it's part of growing in our faith. And there may be times, you wonder how much longer Lord? But try to find the joy in your trials, because God is in control. I love true story films, especially faith based ones. Such a refreshment to my spirit of who God is. He is, a loving God who forgives, saves, heals, comforts, provides, equips and so many other things. When you may feel like He's not working in your situation, He really is, because He's faithful. I enjoy to see the end of the movies, where they show the true identities of the persons the film was created from. Mr. Louie Zamperini, was a great example of not giving up. I'm pe