Skip to main content


Quiet Time With Our Heavenly Conductor 




Jeremiah 29:13- You will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

We all know how busy life can be. The daily demands can run us dry and at times even get us into a funk if we are not careful or guarded. But I believe that only happens when we are not intentional about making time to meet with God intimately. He is always close, so if you ever feel like He is not near, it's not because He's left you, (Deuteronomy 31:6).

Christianity is not a legal relationship, it is a love relationship with our Heavenly Conductor. God wants to lead us in this journey called life through His Word. The more we fall in love with Gods word, the more we know Him and the closer we are to Him. 

Visualize your quiet time as if you are riding on a spiritual train called "Heaven Bound" and you are Gods VIP passenger. The train is running on a track called revelation and obedience with a bright light shining ahead. It carries 66 treasured cargos and they stop in two towns. One town is called "Old Testament" and the other "New Testament". Count it an honor and privilege everyday to board this gorgeous train and ride into a light of infinite love, mercy, grace, hope, revelations, wisdom, comfort, joy, peace, direction, confirmations and convictions. Convictions? Yes. Conviction. Praise God when your train ride jolts from a conviction in your heart. That means you are spiritually alive. Don't ignore it. Receive it and ask the Lord for His help. We should all desire to grow in His Word, no matter how many years we have been walking with our Lord and Saviour.  

Here are a few things, when preparing to meet with your Heavenly Conductor.

1- A regular time and place. Find what suits you best. Some, like the mornings, (Psalm 88:13.) Others prefer evening, (Psalm 141:2). Whichever place you feel most comfy and excites you to meet with Him, make that your sanctuary. 

2- A cleansed and listening heart, (James 1:25) We know we are listening to God when what we read in the Bible shows in our heart and in our lives.

3- An open Bible. Before reading the Bible, pray. Ask for understanding, wisdom and open heart to receive. (Proverbs 2:4-5)

4- A desire to grow by obeying His word (Exodus 19:5) (James 1:22).

When we stop reading God's Word, our life becomes a train wreck. We need to stay on track. Be intentional about getting on the train daily. When you do, you will find your heart overwhelmed with JOY for Jesus. Others. Yourself. 

Let's stay hungry to read, to learn and most importantly to obey. Have a joyful one! Enjoy your train rides and don't forget to thank your Heavenly Conductor. He loves to hear from His passengers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Years Blessed

Today, I get to celebrate 50 years of life! Praise God!  I made it into the 50 club!  We’ve all had days (and maybe even years) when life just doesn’t seem to be going our way! I’ve had long seasons of life where I felt like nothing was working and everything was out of whack, and I’ve had frustrating days where I just can’t seem to get anything accomplished. But... This morning I rejoiced in the company of my loving family. They knew my heart was especially tender this birthday because it is a milestone and I am missing my Dad. I would love to receive his call and hear his raspy voice sing into my heart, to have him hug me tight, and to read one of his loving and heartfelt bday cards one more time, but the reality is that I am not going to. But I Praise God that I have the hope of heaven. And as my beautiful family woke me up with balloons, birthday cards, hugs and kisses, and prayed over me, I was quickly reminded that no matter what our circumstances are -- I get to l

My Trip to Wal-Mart Turns Into A Personal Touch From Jesus

I wanted to share an experience I had today as an encouragement to you, that God is always listening to our heart and speaks to us in many different ways. Today, as I'm walking and praying, headed towards my van at Wal-Marts parking lot, this beautiful, joyful looking, yellow butterfly begins flying around me a few times. Shortly thereafter, I begin to specifically pray for the Holy Spirit to confirm certain heart concerned prayers I've been praying over; to include His infinite wisdom, direction and strength upon me.  I prayed, Lord, would You kindly have this beautiful yellow, joyful, looking butterfly fly its way back towards me again. Thank You Abba. Amen. It's like I needed a sign. You know what I mean? Ever been there? Sometimes you just need a double dosage of the Holy Spirit. So anyway, I drive off, still praying and as I come to the red stop light, guess who flies right in front of my windshield? I mean literally in front of me, circling around with it

Unbroken

Today, I finally got to see the movie, "Unbroken" with my friend, Jo Ann. This movie, touched my heart in a special and profound way. I left the theater wanting to lift up a block of wood, put it over my head and scream from the bottom of my lungs! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Here's the thing, we will always face trials, it's part of growing in our faith. And there may be times, you wonder how much longer Lord? But try to find the joy in your trials, because God is in control. I love true story films, especially faith based ones. Such a refreshment to my spirit of who God is. He is, a loving God who forgives, saves, heals, comforts, provides, equips and so many other things. When you may feel like He's not working in your situation, He really is, because He's faithful. I enjoy to see the end of the movies, where they show the true identities of the persons the film was created from. Mr. Louie Zamperini, was a great example of not giving up. I'm pe