Skip to main content

Rejoicing in a past memory!






Many years ago, while waiting for the bus on Imperial Highway, in the City of Compton, behind these projects, I was robbed by a youngster. I remember it was raining hard and my umbrella covered my face, so I didn't see him coming towards me. I was around 19 or so... a time in my life where I was trying to find my identity. I felt lonely, uncertain and had started experimenting drugs on weekends, only. A experiment that would turn into a addiction and rob many years from my life.

A job agency called me for a one month assignment in Compton, so I took the job; not having a car, I would take the bus everywhere that I went. On this particular, day I remember feeling extremely tired and as I waited for my bus, this kid, duck down and snatched my bag from my arm. He pulled so hard, I almost fell; he took off running. I dropped my umbrella, running into the projects after him. I'm not sure what prompted me to do that, but I knew I was tired of people hurting me and I just ran, hoping to catch him. I didn't catch him and as I walked back to the bus stop and waited... I began to cry. I hopped on the bus. The driver was so kind. He gave me a transfer to make it all the way home to Lincoln Heights. 

Yesterday, as I drove on Imperial Hwy, to Calvary Chapel SOLA'S Women Conference, I noticed the projects and took a double look, I turned to my friend and said.. "I was robbed many years ago at this bus stop." I got teary eyes. Today, he would be a grown man. I wondered what might of become of his life? Did he move out and turn his life around? Giving back to others? Or did he continue to take from people and end up in jail? or worse, dead. All those years ago, rushed to the forefront of my mind, taking me back to this rainy and dark day. I immediately felt sad, and then I experienced an overwhelming sense of Joy!! And I clearly heard... Ephesians 3:20 --- " Glory belongs to God, whose power is at work in us. By this power he can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine. 

Today, I am certain that I am not alone. My identity is in Christ. I have someone who loves me despite of the things I still need work in. The past has a funny way of reminding us of who we were. But. God... for me, had others plans. He also has plans for you. Perhaps, you find yourself outside of His will, like I was so many years ago ... turn back to Him. He loves you and wants to heal you. Or maybe you are in His will, but you can't make sense of your current circumstances. Can I remind you... that "If God is with you, who can be against you?" If He's allowed pain, believe me.. there is a purpose. Don't give up. He's with you all the way. "He will never leave you nor forsake you" . Or maybe you are on the mountain top! Praise God. Make sure you share the Love of Jesus with others. Be sensitive to their needs and be a vessel for His glory. 

My friend, and I prayed for the kid who hurt me many years ago. I hope you too would be a person, who prays for those who hurt you. Why? Because hurt people, hurt people and what this world needs more of is Jesus! As we look around, this world is rapidly crumbling down. We need to walk in our purpose and answer to the calling the Lord has bestowed upon our lives. 

Maranatha :) 

I love this song... Allow Gods will to be done in your life... No matter what He's with us!! 

https://youtu.be/PAmh3yvmzXs


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Years Blessed

Today, I get to celebrate 50 years of life! Praise God!  I made it into the 50 club!  We’ve all had days (and maybe even years) when life just doesn’t seem to be going our way! I’ve had long seasons of life where I felt like nothing was working and everything was out of whack, and I’ve had frustrating days where I just can’t seem to get anything accomplished. But... This morning I rejoiced in the company of my loving family. They knew my heart was especially tender this birthday because it is a milestone and I am missing my Dad. I would love to receive his call and hear his raspy voice sing into my heart, to have him hug me tight, and to read one of his loving and heartfelt bday cards one more time, but the reality is that I am not going to. But I Praise God that I have the hope of heaven. And as my beautiful family woke me up with balloons, birthday cards, hugs and kisses, and prayed over me, I was quickly reminded that no matter what our circumstances are -- I get to l

My Trip to Wal-Mart Turns Into A Personal Touch From Jesus

I wanted to share an experience I had today as an encouragement to you, that God is always listening to our heart and speaks to us in many different ways. Today, as I'm walking and praying, headed towards my van at Wal-Marts parking lot, this beautiful, joyful looking, yellow butterfly begins flying around me a few times. Shortly thereafter, I begin to specifically pray for the Holy Spirit to confirm certain heart concerned prayers I've been praying over; to include His infinite wisdom, direction and strength upon me.  I prayed, Lord, would You kindly have this beautiful yellow, joyful, looking butterfly fly its way back towards me again. Thank You Abba. Amen. It's like I needed a sign. You know what I mean? Ever been there? Sometimes you just need a double dosage of the Holy Spirit. So anyway, I drive off, still praying and as I come to the red stop light, guess who flies right in front of my windshield? I mean literally in front of me, circling around with it

Unbroken

Today, I finally got to see the movie, "Unbroken" with my friend, Jo Ann. This movie, touched my heart in a special and profound way. I left the theater wanting to lift up a block of wood, put it over my head and scream from the bottom of my lungs! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Here's the thing, we will always face trials, it's part of growing in our faith. And there may be times, you wonder how much longer Lord? But try to find the joy in your trials, because God is in control. I love true story films, especially faith based ones. Such a refreshment to my spirit of who God is. He is, a loving God who forgives, saves, heals, comforts, provides, equips and so many other things. When you may feel like He's not working in your situation, He really is, because He's faithful. I enjoy to see the end of the movies, where they show the true identities of the persons the film was created from. Mr. Louie Zamperini, was a great example of not giving up. I'm pe