Skip to main content

He is God! He is Good!





He is God! He is Good! 

Ten years ago this year, I surrendered my heart to Jesus Christ at a Good Friday evening service by Pastor Pancho at Montebello Park. I was alone and at the altar call, I ran like my life depended upon it, because it truly did. My life as I knew it, would change,  forever. 

At first I couldn't imagine what was "Good" about hurting my Jesus and brutally beating Him all the way to the Cross. But, the Good in "Good Friday" is that God made Him, who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God. Wow!! That just blows my mind!! Seriously!! Christ never sinned! But He was treated like a sinner all the way to the Cross so that you and I can live a life of unconditional love, faith, hope, mercy, grace in peace with our Savior.

Our Heavenly Father wants all of us to have an opportunity to know Jesus personally by receiving Him into our hearts and living a life that brings Him glory. In the past ten years so much has happened in my life. But the one thing that has remained the same, is the Word of God. His truth is unchanging. God is unchanging. Praise God! For He Is Good!!

The week of Good Friday, I got really sick with the flu. God literally had me live out Psalm 46:10; Be Still and know that I Am God. We all know this verse right? We encourage others with it? We recite it back to ourselves, but how often are we really L.I.V.I.N.G. I.T. O.U.T? And how long are we being still? Waiting on Him? We live in a micromanaged world, where we want to be in control of everything. We want answers in popcorn seconds, but seriously, that's not how God works. God has His own time table.

How often do we come to the Lord with something, but we don't stop long enough to listen and be still? With busyness come anxious thoughts. It's been stated that we have upwards of 50,000 thoughts a day. Those thoughts aren't always pretty, either. You know the ones; I can't believe I messed up! I can't do it! It's too hard, I'm going to fail, But, Lord, there's no money, why haven't I found a soul mate? Why are our children disobedient? Why haven't I received a raise or promotion? What are you showing me through this Lord? I'm too old, I'm too young... And I'm sure there are many others... We must learn to tell our thoughts to "Shut up!" Just like Jesus calmed the sea, ask God to calm your heart and take your thoughts captive. Jesus immediately asked His disciples, "Why are you so afraid?" "Have you so little faith? God asks us to be still so that we can receive from His love, comfort, peace, hope, grace, and guidance in our lives. 

The beauty of Good Friday and the Resurrection for the Christian is that we get to celebrate death and life every day, not just in April. We get to wake up, die to our flesh and walk in the Spirit. It's all about choices. We are loved all year around. God loves us and He wants us to love Him right back! Deuteronomy 6:5 reminds us "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and will all your strength." How do we show Him love? We show God love by obeying His word. We show it by loving others and by being His Church to this dying world.

On Good Friday, Jesus, died for our sins. We cannot take that lightly. Surrender your life to Him. Serve Him. Love Him. Make Him your 1st priority in your life. It's God first and then everything else. With God all things are possible, but we just have to be still long enough at His feet to see His majesty. If you feel like your life has been super busy lately, I encourage and challenge you to slow it down, before God does.

#godfirst #matthew6:33 #maranatha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Years Blessed

Today, I get to celebrate 50 years of life! Praise God!  I made it into the 50 club!  We’ve all had days (and maybe even years) when life just doesn’t seem to be going our way! I’ve had long seasons of life where I felt like nothing was working and everything was out of whack, and I’ve had frustrating days where I just can’t seem to get anything accomplished. But... This morning I rejoiced in the company of my loving family. They knew my heart was especially tender this birthday because it is a milestone and I am missing my Dad. I would love to receive his call and hear his raspy voice sing into my heart, to have him hug me tight, and to read one of his loving and heartfelt bday cards one more time, but the reality is that I am not going to. But I Praise God that I have the hope of heaven. And as my beautiful family woke me up with balloons, birthday cards, hugs and kisses, and prayed over me, I was quickly reminded that no matter what our circumstances are -- I get to l

My Trip to Wal-Mart Turns Into A Personal Touch From Jesus

I wanted to share an experience I had today as an encouragement to you, that God is always listening to our heart and speaks to us in many different ways. Today, as I'm walking and praying, headed towards my van at Wal-Marts parking lot, this beautiful, joyful looking, yellow butterfly begins flying around me a few times. Shortly thereafter, I begin to specifically pray for the Holy Spirit to confirm certain heart concerned prayers I've been praying over; to include His infinite wisdom, direction and strength upon me.  I prayed, Lord, would You kindly have this beautiful yellow, joyful, looking butterfly fly its way back towards me again. Thank You Abba. Amen. It's like I needed a sign. You know what I mean? Ever been there? Sometimes you just need a double dosage of the Holy Spirit. So anyway, I drive off, still praying and as I come to the red stop light, guess who flies right in front of my windshield? I mean literally in front of me, circling around with it

Unbroken

Today, I finally got to see the movie, "Unbroken" with my friend, Jo Ann. This movie, touched my heart in a special and profound way. I left the theater wanting to lift up a block of wood, put it over my head and scream from the bottom of my lungs! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Here's the thing, we will always face trials, it's part of growing in our faith. And there may be times, you wonder how much longer Lord? But try to find the joy in your trials, because God is in control. I love true story films, especially faith based ones. Such a refreshment to my spirit of who God is. He is, a loving God who forgives, saves, heals, comforts, provides, equips and so many other things. When you may feel like He's not working in your situation, He really is, because He's faithful. I enjoy to see the end of the movies, where they show the true identities of the persons the film was created from. Mr. Louie Zamperini, was a great example of not giving up. I'm pe